Sunday 25 January 2015

Lipstick Love : The under hyped shade : MAC Hot Tahiti Review and Swatches

I love berries. Inside my tummy not on my mouth. And Hot Tahiti luks scary and berry on the tube. But one swipe and I was sold. 




It comes in the standard MAC packaging and cost me 1190 bucks (now it will cost u 1450 evil MAC boooo!!) 


MAC describes it as a soft reddish coral. I dont find anything remotely coral in the shade. In the hand swatches, it looks a soft reddish berry with bits of brown thrown in. But on me, it pulls a soft berry pink. Not a trace of red :( Not saying I am unhappy. The berry pink looks polished but I would have liked a hint of red. Nevertheless, it is a gorgeous shade.




It is of Glaze finish but devoid of shimmers. Has a sheer glossy finish that can be built up to medium coverage. 

Application is easy and even. The lipstick feels comfortable but cannot be tagged as hydrating. Nice part is I can use this without a lip balm even in the winters. 

Staying power is approximately 2 hours without eating and drinking with 2 swipes. I cannot go beyond 2 hours without feeding my ever hungry stomach ;)

Indirect Sunlight

Direct Sunlight

Indoor Light


Indian skin tones can rock this shade totally :) 

Overall thoughts : A very pretty shade that can look red or berry based on ur skin color and tone. The glossy finish of this lipstick is worth a try at the store.

 So what do you think of Hot Tahiti ?? Love or Hate ??






1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...