Tuesday 17 July 2018

Everyday Wear Neutral Lipsticks for Indian Skin

3 years of no show and here I am with a post for the office/college goers :)

So I have been loving subtle brown smokey eyes and neutral lipsticks these days and have rounded up few favourites of mine that are always in my lipstick rotation. I will be doing individual reviews of these soon.




 
The list has 14 shades *just realized that is a lot* that will cater to a variety of skin tones. These lipsticks are NOT nude - pastel shades as I have not yet grasped the need for pastel nudes. The ones listed down add colour to the face subtly and compliment different eye looks.







 
  • Mac Spice : I have been leaning towards peachy browns for few months now as they compliment my warm yellow skin. Mac Spice is a warm peachy brown shade that does not wash me out and is the right amount of neutral for yellow skin. Does not dry out my lips and settles into a flat matte finish. Will suit fair to dusky skin. Price : Rs.1450/-
  • Maybelline Touch of Spice : It is much sought after and is often out of stock along with toasted brown *which I have been chasing around with no luck*. The shade is a pinkish brown with slight cool undertones. This will suit fair to medium skin and has a tendency to wash out dusky skin. Price : Rs.499/-
  • L'Oreal Nude Allude : This pro matte gloss was recommended to me by Deepika of Divassence. Such a beautiful muted reddish brown shade with hints of peach in it. It is muted enough for everyday wear yet brings life to the face. Cannot recommend it enough. It sets to a velvet matte finish and will suit all skin colors *promise*. Price : Rs. 799/-
  • Mac Retro : This lipstick has not received its dues unlike the over hyped ones *Cosmo/Mehr*. If you have warm yellow tones to your skin, you must give retro a try. It is a deep shade with pink, brown and red mix. Price : Rs.1450/-
  • Mac Brick - O - La : Brick - o - La and Retro are sisters. They don't look the same but are related. Brick - o -la is a touch lighter than Retro and has less brown in it. Price : Rs.1450/-
  • Nykaa Naughty Nude : Naughty Nude is a peachy brown shade. It sets to a semi matte finish and will suit fair to dusky skin. Not sure how it will show up on dark skin. Price : Rs. 399/-
  • Colorbar Café latte : Café Latte - you would expect it be a full blown brown shade. But it is not. It is similar to nykaa's naughty nude lipstick but has more pink in it and has a creamy glossy finish which I love. Price : Rs.499/-
  • Lakme Rosy Sunday : This one was a surprise. I am not into Lakme lipsticks. Got this when I was having mood swings. However, it is one of those lipsticks that is just right to brighten Monday mornings. A combination of peach and pink that will look good across skin shades. Does into dry put my lips with its matte finish.
  • Sugar Better Call Salmon : Better Call Salmon is a pale pink - peach shade that is strictly for fair skin. It tends to wash me out on bad skin days. I would recommend wearing it over a darker lip pencil.
  • Sugar Breaking Bare : Breaking Bare is nowhere near bare on my lips. It is a muted berry-pink shade that is definitely *there*. Like the matte finish of the pout time vivid lipsticks as they do not dry out the lips.
  • Chambor Tender Coral : This lipstick is from the Orosa range that is known for its creamy finish. Colour wise it is a brown based coral which will suit fair- medium warm skin. Price : Rs. 995/-
  • Mac Soar : Another huge favourite of mine. Soar is the perfect everyday pink for fair to dusky skin. People who hate how cosmo/mehr looks on them please take note. Price : Rs. 1450/-
  • Chambor 402 : Tbh, not a fan of liquid lipsticks as they make my lips look like prunes. Chambor 402 too has the notorious tendency to dry out my lips. However, the shade is a pretty mauvy pink that works great for office. Price : Rs. 845/-
  • Mac See Sheer : I already have a dedicated review on this pretty peach shade that has a lustre finish. Perfect peach shade for the summers. Price : Rs.1450/-

Hope you find the post useful. Let me know which ones do you own and which ones are your favourites!!

Shweta/Raaga

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...