Sunday 27 October 2013

Lakme 9 to 5 Office Stylist lipstick in Pink Bureau Review and Swatches!

Lakme has created a storm in the makeup world with latest launches which have clicked well with the girls! I so wanted to try the new range of 9 to 5 lipsticks and picked up Pink Bureau as it looked the prettiest in the hand swatches. 







The lipstick is housed in a pretty rose gold case that looks classy :) Now u can whip out ur Lakme lipsticks in public without feeling bad about any cheap packaging ;)




The drawback of the new range is that nearly all of the lipsticks contain shimmers in them :( The shade Pink Bureau is a deep rose-red with minute golden shimmers that do shoe up on the lips.I do not get why Lakme had to introduce shimmers in a lipstick that too a matte one!Totally ruins for me.

The lipstick is priced at 400 bucks.These days makeup prices have gone through the roof.U can hardly find decent options below 400 Rs.And why not..Onions sell for a century ;)




Okay the texture. The lipstick has a smooth texture and can be applied easily without any tugging. Application is even.Sets to a pure matte finish in 1-2 min.Being a matte lipstick, it tends to settle into fine lines and accentuate dry lips. So be sure to exfoliate ur lips prior application.

The lipstick packs a punch on the pigmentation front.One single swipe is enough to cover discoloration and provide the bright color to the lips.






The color looks overpowering on me.So I blot twice with a tissue.This color would suit fair-dusky skin.I am not sure about dark skin.




The lipstick feels drying after 1/2 an hr or so. I need to keep applying lip balm every now and then. Also, I noticed that my lips feel drier after the lipstick wears off :( So ladies with chapped lips u have been warned!

Lasts for 3.5-4 hrs when I blot and nearly 6 hrs in full intensity.

VERDICT :

Lakme has introduced pretty everyday wear shades in the 9 to 5 range and every1 would find definitely a color to suit provided u r okay with the pure matte finish.I would have picked p few more shades had they been creamy and shimmer free kinds :)

4 comments:

  1. I hate the fact that these arent as creamy as i would like them to be! the irony is that the shimmery ones are creamier than their counterparts :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea..I wish I had these color options in cream finish :\

      Delete
  2. I want to try something from this range. I have seen they have really beautiful shades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea the shade selection is really gud and if u like mattes thn give these a shot Shikha :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...