Sunday 27 October 2013

Maybelline The Colossal Kajal Review and Swatches ( New 12 Hr Formula)

I might be the last one to review the kajal but it would not hurt to have one more review right ;) Now be a sweetheart and say no :D

I have been wanting to try the Lakme Absolute Kohl for eons now but my budget does not allow. all my money goes into buying clothes :P I have just ordered some more clothes from Jabong. Hope they suit me well fingers crossed!



The packaging of the new kajal is similar to the old one. Peppy yellow tube with Maybelline The Colossal Kajal written in black.I find the packaging flimsy. My last Colossal broke after a few uses. I was wondering if mine was a defective one but one of my friends complained that hers broke too :O So Maybelline needs to work on that.




The Kajal is dark black but not jet black.My Bourjois Khol pencil is still the darkest I have used till date. I feel Lakme Eyeconic and Colossal have similar pigmentation levels but Colossal lacks the greyish tinge that Eyeconic has. Brownie points for Colossal ;)



Colossal has a soft texture and does not tug at the waterline. But the texture makes it harder to line the upper lash line as it can break easily.IMO, this is softer and creamier than Eyeconic.

The kajal does not weigh down the waterline.




Smudgeproof??The kajal does not smudge once it sets which it does after a few seconds.Most of the kajals do not smudge on my dry lids.

I tested it under running water and there was very little smudging.Eyeconic scores a point here as it held on better :)

Lasts for a very long time.I wore it at 8.30 a.m. and at 10.30 p.m. it was still present with some fading.So it does keep up the 12 hr claim at least on me ( I work under ac conditions and hardly break a sweat).

The only good thing about working a 12 hr schedule + 2 hr travel is that I can breezily test the staying power of my makeup ;)

U can check out the kajal at 
http://maybelline.co.in/catalog/product.aspx?prdcode=P5025101&catcode=F1_Kajal

VERDICT :   

The new version of the Colossal Kajal is definitely an improvement over the 6 hr one. It gives tough competition to Lakme Eyeconic kajal from the same price range. I personally like alternating between the 2 :) Would give this 4 out of 5. 

Disclaimer : Product sent by Brand for Consideration.But my opinions are honest swear to God :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...