Monday 4 March 2013

Lipstick Love : Maybelline Super Stay Lipstick in Lasting Chestnut Review and Swatches!

As promised I am reviewing the Maybelline 14hr super stay lipstick.






  •   The packaging is distinct from other Maybelline lipsticks.Sturdy and has a lower colored half that helps u know the shade by looking at the package.But be careful with the lipstick bullet.It is too close to the top.U might end up squishing the bullet otherwise.
  • Priced at 525/- Rs. it is definitely on the higher side. 
  • U can check out Maybelline New York’s Long Lasting Lipstick here:




  •   The shade lasting chestnut is chocolate brown.Personally I am not into browns.But I can use it as a tint for office once in a while!
  •  The shade is highly pigmented.One swipe is enough to cover pigmentation.





  •  The texture of the lipstick is smooth but not creamy.
  •  Feels sticky on the lips for like half an hr after application.A lil amount of glossiness is present for the same time.After that it sets to a true matte finish.
  • Starts drying out my lips after an hour or so. I prefer cream finish even though they are not long lasting ;)
  •  Transfers to cups but it is discernible compared to other lipsticks (read creamy lipsticks).
  • Emphasizes the dry flakes on the lips. So u need exfoliated and well moisturized lips every time u apply lipsticks from this range ;)
  • The lasting power is 7 hours. I took my food 3 hours after application and it faded slightly on the inner flesh.But other than that it stays intact for 5 hours after which it started fading. The tagline is totally far fetched ;)
  • Stains the lips.
VERDICT :

If u r a matte lipstick lover then these lipsticks are great choices to have :) They have a plethora of shades to suit every taste.  This particular brown shade can be MLBB for dusky and dark skin :) 

DISCLAIMER:
 Product sent by brand for consideration. But my opinions are honest swear to God ;)

7 comments:

  1. i agree with the dry flakes aspect!! it was so prominent on my lips!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea but my lips are behaving so its was not adverse! But yea it emphasizes d dry flakes :/

      Delete
  2. Dry part of this lipstick is the big drawback I think Nice Review Dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for saving my money I'll buy an inglot refil for less ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review...color is good..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice review , I like the color too .. might give it a shot :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...